Steer your career in the right direction!
Endgame360 is a remote, digital media company that runs Showbiz Cheat Sheet, Sportscasting, Remoter.Co, and MotorBiscuit. At Endgame360, our primary goal is to delight our 50+ million monthly readers with high-quality content. We are a creative organization at our core and relentlessly strive to foster a cycle of success: Building the best company possible, to attract and retain the best talent available, to produce the best content in the world for our readers. Publishing since 2009, we have continued to grow our audience along with the number of sites we operate.
What makes Endgame360 a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 50 million monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture of mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Endgame360, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries. This role is anticipated to pay $46,668.
- We currently offer an exceptional bonus plan in which each team member within the company is on a bonus program. We also offer a flexible time off program, paid parental leave, paid family medical leave, health, dental, and vision insurances, 401k with employer match, a continuing education allowance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, meet & greets, and financial advising.
As a Writer on the MotorBiscuit team you will:
- Report to a team lead or Managing Editor, and focus on providing high-quality coverage for MotorBiscuit across a wide range of topics.
- Follow the quality guidelines for MotorBiscuit, demonstrate knowledge of what a quality article on MotorBiscuit is, and avoid issues of problematic headlines, weak attribution, poor grammar, and other potential issues that could cause readers to view our site’s work in a negative light.
- Collaborate with our Editorial team and join scheduled meetings to understand what does/doesn’t work for a story on MotorBiscuit. Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to re-focus coverage when necessary.
- Dive into research, making use of linking and sourcing best practices, to show your stories are based on more than just one person’s opinion.
- Consistently deliver high-quality, self-edited, and professional articles. Have the ability to self-edit articles and the desire to continue honing your grammar skills.
- Show an ability to work freely with little supervision.
- Take a data-focused approach to writing utilizing our in-house tool and Google Analytics (GA) to gain insights on article performance. Use GA to track progress toward monthly data benchmarks of performance.
- Use our workflow and communication tools as a core function of performing all aspects of this role and communicating within the company. These tools include Slack, Asana, and GSuite.
- Participate in meetings and calls with team members, and small and large group settings, utilizing video call technology.
- Promote your work on our branded social media channels.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to meet/utilize company standard operating procedures or guidelines.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding remote environment.
Essential Functions of the Writer role:
- Produce 4-6 winning search articles each working day by identifying trending topics and covering multiple ideas per day with a high pageview rating.
- Achieve/maintain a monthly pageview threshold that aligns with the company’s current goals for MotorBiscuit.
- Develop unique story ideas and angles based on breaking and trending news, social media, and your industry knowledge of what will perform well in the organic search space.
- Ability to work efficiently within the online communication platforms, Asana and Slack, to maintain productivity and organization of work load.
- As a writer, you must demonstrate the ability to self-edit your work, including possession of knowledge and experience as it relates to proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret data. Utilize Google Analytics and identify positive trends in article traffic & pageviews, used to guide content creation.
- Possess knowledge of and experience in using a variety of technologies and platforms. Utilize video conferencing for team and company meetings.
- Open to and demonstrate the ability to accept constructive criticism and apply feedback to improve upon skills and work ethic.
- Adaptable to change and able to adhere to flexible scheduling, as needed, per site and operational needs.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Be located in the United States. Preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, or VA. However, we may not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere in the United States.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A background in and passion for writing about a variety of topics relevant to the site you will be writing for, as well as a voice that you’re looking to hone.
- A drive to reach audiences with engaging and well-researched headlines.
- A working knowledge of SEO and previous experience using WordPress is preferred, but not required.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements, come up with story ideas, and have these appeal to our readers.
- The ability to use our communication tools like Slack, Asana, and GSuite — or willingness and ability to get up to speed with using ours in your first 90 days.
- General knowledge of social media best practices is preferred, but not required.
- The ability to work closely with a team of remote employees.
- A willingness to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
At Endgame360, We Insist That You Be You!
Our audience is made up of readers from many cultures and backgrounds. We celebrate that our team is no different. Here you have freedom to embrace what makes you, you: who you love, your gender identity and expression, skin color, age, appearance, disability, neurodiversity, DNA, military/veteran status, citizenship, and other factors that make up who you are. Your uniqueness is valued, welcomed, and appreciated here. We are dedicated to providing a positive workplace and base all employment decisions on your qualifications, performance, merits, as well as business needs. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please submit an application. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please feel free to contact People Ops at email@example.com to discuss.
URL for the application – https://forms.gle/AssyVYXmfybrM9bY7