Love Finance? We’re looking for you!
Endgame360 is a 100% virtual media company that runs Showbiz Cheat Sheet, Sportscasting, Remoter.Co, and MotorBiscuit. At Endgame360, our primary goal is to delight our 50+ million monthly readers with high-quality content. We are a creative organization at our core and relentlessly strive to foster a cycle of success: Building the best company possible, to attract and retain the best talent available, to produce the best content in the world for our readers. Publishing since 2009, we have continued to grow our audience along with the number of sites we operate.
What makes Endgame360 a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 50 million monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture motivated by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Endgame360, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries. This role is anticipated to pay $107,052.
- We currently offer an exceptional bonus plan in which each team member within the company is on a bonus program. We also offer a flexible time off program, paid parental leave, paid family medical leave, health, dental, and vision insurances, 401k with employer match, a continuing education allowance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, meet & greets, and financial advising.
Our Finance Director reports directly to our CFO. As our Finance Director, you will work with our CFO, leadership, and the finance team to oversee the financial operations of the company, including specifically:
- Oversee the finance department’s operations, including designing an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee all outsourced functions, including payroll, 401k providers, benefit providers, CPA services, etc. in conjunction with People Ops as applicable.
- Ensure a documented system of all accounting policies and procedures for the department.
- Ensure a complete system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Ensure accounts receivables are collected promptly and accounts payable are paid on time.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers, including cash accounts, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Ensure any required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Ensure timely reconciliation between the financial records (Quickbooks) and internal financial models are performed monthly.
- Ensure all schedules are prepared to assist CPAs on annual tax returns and any necessary financial audit or reviews as required.
- Ensure all financial information is prepared to assist in any due diligence activities if required.
- Work with CFO, Management, and finance team to enhance and maintain appropriate cash flow projections monthly, including any appropriate shareholder distribution schedules and debt repayment schedules on a timely basis.
- Work with CFO and Management to ensure appropriate annual budgets and regular monthly reporting of budgets vs. actuals.
- Work with the CFO to ensure regular monthly review of editorial performance/profitability and operational metrics.
- Ensure regular tracking of company KPI’s.
- Reconcile financial records, ledgers, accounts, and financial models in a timely manner. Review monthly financial statements with the Accounting Manager by the 10th of the following month.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the finance department and team, including effectively supervising the Accounting Manager and reviewing bi-monthly payroll reports.
- Effectively coach and develop members of the finance team for growth.
- Accurately calculating bonuses and communicating monthly and quarterly bonus plans in a timely manner.
- Partnering with People Ops to evaluate the effectiveness and financial feasibility of compensation/bonus plans as needed.
- Developing and tracking of individual site budgets and P&Ls as well as individual department budgets.
- Review and approve payroll and ensure payroll is processed correctly and timely bi-weekly, and all daily, weekly, and yearly payroll functions are completed as necessary to ensure payroll compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure all areas of risk management are adhered to, including reviewing and ensuring all insurance policies are obtained and renewed annually, and advise management on additional risk mitigation needs as necessary.
- Ensure daily financial reporting is complete and accurate.
- Work with external tax accountants to file quarterly and annual reports by tax deadlines.
- Develop and maintain department processes including reconciliations, reporting and internal controls.
- Meet Eastern Standard Time daily reporting requirements. Time may vary between 10am – 12pm EST and will be determined by the CFO.
- Utilizes proficiency with Excel, Quickbooks, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in performing tasks.
- Works collaboratively in a virtual team environment including facilitation of video calls, phone conversations, professional email etiquette, etc.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Be located in the United States. Preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: CA, CO, DE FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, or WA. However,we may not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere in the United States.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, and a minimum of 5+ years of business experience of progressive responsibility in a finance department. Previous management experience in a finance department is required.
- Full understanding of accrual and cash basis financials, generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
At Endgame360, We Insist That You Be You!
Our audience is made up of readers from many cultures and backgrounds. We celebrate that our team is no different. Here you have freedom to embrace what makes you, you: who you love, your gender identity and expression, skin color, age, appearance, disability, neurodiversity, DNA, military/veteran status, citizenship, and other factors that make up who you are. Your uniqueness is valued, welcomed, and appreciated here. We are dedicated to providing a positive workplace and base all employment decisions on your qualifications, performance, merits, as well as business needs. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please submit an application. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please feel free to contact People Ops at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
URL for application: https://forms.gle/TiFbUbh2cpyEtcw3A