Love Finance? We’re looking for you!
Endgame360 is a 100% virtual media company that runs www.cheatsheet.com, www.sportscasting.com, www.remoter.co, and www.motorbiscuit.com. At Endgame360, our primary objective is to delight our 50+ million monthly readers with high-quality content. We are a creative organization at our core and relentlessly strive to foster a cycle of success: Building the best company possible, to attract and retain the best talent available, to produce the best content in the world for our readers. Publishing since 2009, we have continued to grow our audience along with the number of sites we operate.
What makes Endgame360 a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 50 million monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company, and we want you to grow with us. At Endgame360, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and collaborate with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, a flexible paid time off program, paid parental leave, paid family medical leave, health, dental, and vision insurances, 401k contributions, and continuing education reimbursements.
As our Finance Director, you will work with our CFO, leadership, and the finance team to oversee the financial operations of the company, including specifically:
- Oversee the finance department’s operations, including designing an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the finance department and team.
- Oversee all outsourced functions, including payroll, 401k providers, benefit providers, CPA services, etc. in conjunction with People Ops as applicable.
- Ensure a documented system of all accounting policies and procedures for the department.
- Ensure a complete system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Ensure daily financial reporting is complete and accurate.
- Ensure accounts receivables are collected promptly and accounts payable are paid on time.
- Review and approve payroll and ensure payroll is processed correctly and timely bi-weekly, and all daily, weekly, and yearly payroll functions are completed as necessary to ensure payroll compliance.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers, including cash accounts, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Ensure any required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Ensure timely reconciliation between the financial records (Quickbooks) and internal financial models are performed monthly.
- Ensure all schedules are prepared to assist CPAs on annual tax returns and any necessary financial audit or reviews as required.
- Ensure all financial information is prepared to assist in any due diligence activities if required.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure all areas of risk management are adhered to, including reviewing and ensuring all insurance policies are obtained and renewed annually, and advise management on additional risk mitigation needs as necessary.
- Work with CFO, Management, and finance team to enhance and maintain appropriate cash flow projections monthly, including any appropriate shareholder distribution schedules and debt repayment schedules on a timely basis.
- Work with CFO and Management to ensure appropriate annual budgets and regular monthly reporting of budgets vs. actuals.
- Work with the CFO to ensure regular monthly review of editorial performance/profitability and operational metrics.
- Ensure regular tracking of company KPI’s
- Assist CFO in developing and maintaining compensation structure, including all bonus plans for the company in conjunction with People Ops as applicable.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Ideally be located in CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, VA, or WA. (Preference may be given to candidates in these states but may not automatically disqualify those who are not).
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, and a minimum of 5+ years of business experience of progressive responsibility in a finance department. Previous management experience in a finance department is required.
- Full understanding of accrual and cash basis financials, generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
To be considered for this role, please submit an official application form. The application form may be found here: https://forms.gle/YmwD4EMtUm4ds57v5