Love writing about the auto industry? We’re looking for you!
Endgame360 is a digital media company that’s recently spun off several new ventures. MotorBiscuit is our owned-and-operated website dedicated to giving car enthusiasts the information they want in an easy-to-read way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about topics to bring readers the most up-to-date news, insights, and information about everything in the world of autos.
We are looking for a full-time Writer to join our team. MotorBiscuit covers current topics and long-term trends around the automotive industry. We are a growing site in a start-up mentality with big goals in mind, and want you to help us shape what that looks like!
As a Writer for MotorBiscuit you will:
- Report to the site’s product manager, and focus on providing high-quality automotive coverage across a wide range of topics.
- Develop your own story ideas and angles based on your industry knowledge of what will perform well in the organic search space. This will likely include an emphasis on trending autos coverage.
- Produce 4-6 news articles each day by identifying trending topics and covering multiple ideas per day with a high pageview rating.
- Collaborate with our Editorial team during meetings to understand what does/doesn’t work for a story on MotorBiscuit. Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to refocus ideas when necessary.
- Consistently deliver high-quality, self-edited, and professional automotive articles. Have the ability to self-edit articles and the desire to continue honing your grammar skills. Demonstrate an ability to work autonomously.
- Take a data-driven approach to writing, using Google Analytics to gain insights on article performance. Use GA to track progress toward monthly data benchmarks of performance.
- Promote your work on our branded social media channels.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding remote environment.
What makes the Endgame360 network a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 50 million monthly readers.
- We leverage our organic growth at cheatsheet.com for continued success with offshoot sites like MotorBiscuit. MotorBiscuit is still in its growth phase, but we’re using our larger company resources to invest in its future.
- We are a tightly knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At MotorBiscuit, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and collaborate with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, flexible vacation, paid parental leave, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, and continuing education reimbursements. There is an opportunity to earn modest bonuses based on performance during the start-up phase of this site, with a goal to create a more robust program as the site grows.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Reside in CA, CA, FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, or VA.
- A relevant four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A background in and passion for writing about a variety of automotive topics, as well as a voice that you’re looking to hone.
- A working knowledge of SEO and previous experience using WordPress is preferred, but not required.
- The desire to help our site grow its audience reach, along with flexibility for topic coverage and content strategy as we learn more about what readers want to see from our coverage.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- The skill to recognize interesting news elements, come up with story ideas, and write in a way that will appeal to our readers.
- General knowledge of social media best practices is preferred, but not required.
- A willingness to learn quickly, improve your writing skills, and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please fill out this application form.