Love high-quality content? The Sportscasting team is looking for you!
Endgame360 is a 100% virtual media company that runs www.cheatsheet.com, www.sportscasting.com, www.remoter.co, and www.motorbiscuit.com. At Endgame360, our primary objective is to delight our 50+ million monthly readers with high-quality content. We are a creative organization at our core and relentlessly strive to foster a cycle of success: Building the best company possible, to attract and retain the best talent available, to produce the best content in the world for our readers. Publishing since 2009, we have continued to grow our audience along with the number of sites we operate.
As a Quality Editor for the Sportscasting team, you will:
- Report to our Sportscasting Managing Editor and focus on improving the quality of our content in a collaborative way.
- Monitor reader feedback and make adjustments to articles as needed.
- Perform regular article spot checks for our writing team to ensure we are publishing top-notch content that meets our style standards.
- Work with team leads to ensure new writers are successful in their quality efforts.
- Develop quality lessons that address any grammar/style issues at large.
- Support writers’ quality efforts with the resources they need to improve self-editing and self-publishing skills.
- Make adjustments and updates to the style guide as needed.
- Collaborate with the editorial team to improve workflow habits and decrease content overlap.
- Demonstrate a capacity to shift topic areas and grow input with teams as needed.
- Balance our production goals with the quality assurances we’d like to continue to improve.
- Collaborate with team members on projects that enhance our ability to track quality initiatives and the overall reader perception of our work.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding remote work environment.
What makes Endgame360 a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 50 million monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Endgame360, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and collaborate with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, a flexible vacation program, paid parental leave, paid family medical leave, health, dental & vision insurance, 401k contributions, and continuing education reimbursements. All team members also participate in a bonus program.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, or VA
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A background in and passion for editing, particularly in the digital media space.
- A proven ability to provide experienced writers with continued ways to improve, particularly in the depth of the quality of their writing and self-editing.
- Experience with providing clear, direct feedback to team members.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style), as well as knowledge of AP Style.
- An interest in the Entertainment sector and general base of fact-checking skills for the industry is preferred, but not required.
- A willingness to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job. Experience leading colleagues through change is a plus.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices is preferred.
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Excellent organizational, project management, and communication skills.
- A high capacity to adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment.
To be considered for this role, please complete the official application form. The application can be found here: https://forms.gle/7uXPqpWHLxY96VWBA